LLAG Luxury Vacation Home in Norden - 915 sqft, elegant, historic, quiet (# 4564)
Historical Friesenkate built in 1861 and has excellent equipment., key advantages: elegant, historic, quiet, Quality: rated with 4 DTV star(s), 1 living/family room, , fully equipped kitchen, upgraded interiors, clean, well furnished, spacious design, very comfortable, makes you feel at home, bright and inviting, The unit is conveniently located directly in the center and downtown area of Norden, Equipment:
The newly renovated and modernized cottage offers ample space even for the larger family. It features a sunny living room with leather sofa, cable tv, stereo, dvd, and telephone.
The large kitchen has a dining area and is equipped with stove, oven, dishwasher, fridge-freezer, and microwave.
The bathroom is large and modern. There is a queen-size bed in the master bedroom, four single beds and a television in the children’s bedroom, and two single beds in the guest bedroom.
Usage of the washing machine, the clothes drier, and the wireless Internet is of course free of charge.
The cottage has a small, but sunny garden with verandah, bbq, and a sand pit for the little ones. The town center is in walking distance and you can easily bike to the seaside resort of Norddeich.
* The spacious living room (16m2) invites you to come in and rest for a while. You can relax on the comfortable leather sofa, read a book, listen to music on our high quality stereo with Onkyo speakers, or watch one of the many movies from our DVD collection. Make our living room yours while you stay with us. Six people can sit comfortably in the living room, but if you are visiting in a larger group, some guests can also always sit in the kitchen (or on the terrace on warm summer nights). Families, especially with children, will appreciate our collection of board games. If you bring your own laptop you can use our complimentary wireless Internet with a strong signal in each room, and even in the garden. If you need to use the telephone, no problem as we have free minutes within Germany (excluding cell phone and toll numbers). The living room is sunny, dry, and warm. Living room and kitchen are the only rooms that face the road but due to the near-new double-glazed windows you can hardly hear the traffic. Besides, our street, the Mackeriege, is a one-way street with modest traffic volume.
* The spacious kitchen (ca 16m2) has a dining area with a pine dining table that seats six person. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need to prepare a meal for up to six people. The kitchen is equipped with a 4-burner electric stove with oven, a microwave, an electric kettle, coffee machine, toaster, and of course enough pots and pans, dishes and cups for six people.
* The spacious bathroom is equipped with high-quality Villeroy & Boch products. It features a washbasin, a toilet, a urinal, a barrier-free shower, and a quality German washing machine.
* The size of this room is approximately 15sqm, and hence it is large enough to accommodate up to four children in its two trundler beds. The solid timber floor, and a rustic wooden wardrobe make the room very appealing. The room is well-lit by means of an attic window with blackout roller blinds that come especially handy during the short summer nights (the latitude of Norden is 53 degrees which is rougly equivalent to the southern tip of the Alaskan panhandle). The window faces the garden so that you can enjoy the warm summer nights sleeping with an open window.
* The smallest of the three bed rooms is equipped with two single beds, a chair, a bedside table, and a chest of drawers.
* Our holiday home features a very pleasant quiet, and sunny garden. The garden is protected not only against the cool winds that tend to blow at the coast of the north Sea, but also against the eyes of the neighbours! You have plenty of privacy while relaxing on the lawn or sitting on the terrace. Bicycles can be stored in the garden shed, and there is also a little garden hut with a wooden bench and a sand pit for the children. The garden is ideally suited for families with children as it is fully fenced.
* From the back door you step right onto the verandah which is totally view and wind protected. It features a table with four chairs and a stainless steel barbeque.
Location Emden Airport:
This unit is located conveniently near Emden Airport. From Emden Airport the distance to the unit at Mackeriege 15, 26506 Norden is about 29 km (18.1 miles), approximately a 34 minutes drive by car. In addition, there are good public transportation options available for Norden, in case you don't want to rent a car. At the top of this page is also a map with the exact location of the object.
Rate Summary: starting prices from USD $74-$120 for 3 persons.
Unit Size: 915 square feet
Additional Features: Internet Access, Wireless Internet, Central Heating, Oven, Charcoal Grill, Dish Washer, Freezer, Microwave, Refrigerator, Toaster, Washing Machine, Television, Cable TV, DVD Player, Patio, Garden, Telephone, Outdoor Dining Area
The holiday home (green arrow) is close to all amenities and to the main attractions of the town of Norden. The famous tea museum is only 5 walking minutes away (1 Teemuseum) in 7 minutes you have reached the Ludgeri church with Arp Schnitger organ (2 Ludgerikirche). The main shopping malls (green lines) are in easy walking distance. The small lake (3 Schwanenteich) is well-liked by the children.
There are no shops in Mackeriege Lane, but the adjacent Wester Str. has a number of shops and restaurants. Among others there is bakery Wiechmann (Westerstr. 49), pub & restaurant Lentzhof-Die Kneipe (77), the pub Die Stadtschänke (9), pub Gaststätte Alte Backstube (96), pub Gaststätte Endstation (77), Retaurant Snacktime-Grill (66), Supermarket Schlecker (21), Comicshop (10), Organic Groceries (5), Stöhr Tobacco (8), Butcher Gerdes (87), a Döner Kebab kiosk, a beauty salon and other shops.
Discover Norden and local activities:
* Nationalpark Wattenmeer
* Seehund-Station Norddeich
* Erlebnisbad Ocean Wave
* Schlossgarten Lütetsburg
* Dornum: Schloss, Benningaburg
* Ewiges Meer
* Pilsumer Leuchtturm
* Mühlenmuseum, Manningaburg
* Campen: Landwirtschaftsmuseum
* Marienkirche, Störtebekerturm
* Moormuseum Moordorf
On request, we can pick you up from the train station Norden (Hauptbahnhof). If you arrive by car, take the motorway exit “Emden” and follow the “Norddeich” signs. After 25 kms you will enter Norden on highway B72. Turn left towards Bahnhofstraße. Once you have passed the train station you will see a wind mill on the left hand side. Shortly after the mill the road makes a sharp left, and then again a right turn. After 300 meters make a left turn into Am Alten Siel. Continue over the traffic light onto Knyphausenstraße. Turn right to stay on Knyphausenstraße. After 500m turn right at Mackeriege. After 70m you will see our vacation rental on the left hand side.
More travel info about Norden: Norden is a town in the district of Aurich, in Lower Saxony, Germany.