Watch the boats glide past your windows! Walk to town and two beaches.
This well appointed 3 bedroom/ 2 bath pied a'terre is perched above the picturesque waterfront Stacey Boulevard which is one of the most scenic spots on all of Cape Ann- best known for the iconic Man-at-the-Wheel sculpture of the Gloucester Fisherman facing the elements of the sea depicting "Those that go down to the sea in ships". The boulevard and statue have been featured in a few well known major motion pictures such as the 1930's "Captains Courageous" and more recently, "The Perfect Storm". Make your own memories watching the boats pass by your windows as they go through the "cut bridge"- a working drawbridge that opens to allow masted boats to pass. "The boulevard" as it is known by the locals, is THE place to take a stroll while looking out over Gloucester's spectacular outer harbor, listening to the lapping of the waves and feeling the refreshing ocean breezes. The location of Harbor Watch is ideal as there is off street driveway parking for one car and on street parking for three cars. You can easily walk to your choice of a large range of restaurants, shops, galleries, museums, Stage Fort Park, two beaches, boat launch, and marina. You can launch your kayak just across the street.
The living areas are on the second and third floors of the building which optimize the water views, and people watching opportunities. The living room overlooks the boulevard with a large picture window complete with comfy window seat. A huge sectional, TV and game area comprise the space, with a water view from every window. The first smaller kitchen on this level has a new gas stove, microwave, and portable dishwasher and the formal dining area is spacious and comfortably seats 8. Around the corner is the laundry area and a nice new bath with tub and shower. On the other side of the dining area is the den which has a new pullout sofa, flat screen TV, and great views of the Blynman canal, which has a constant stream of boats parading by. On the third floor are 3 air conditioned bedrooms, all with water views, but the best being from the master. There is an additional full bath with a shower on the ground level of the building. p>Having a meeting, conference or retreat? Inquire about our extremely well appointed first floor space that is ideal for groups up to 30 and is available for an additional fee.
Bedding Configuration: 2 Queen, 2 Twin, 1 Sleeper Sofa
Room Description: Third floor bedrooms:
-Master queen with views
-queen with air conditioning
Second floor: den with pullout sofa
* Entertainment: Flat Screen TV, Television, DVD Player, Cable Television, High Speed Wireless Internet, Stereo System, CD Player, Radio, Books, Board Games
* Geographic: Access to Public Transportation, Walk to Art Galleries, Walk to Beach, Walk to Grocery Store/Pharmacy, Walk to Ice Cream Store, Walk to Park, Walk to Restaurant(s), Walk to Town, Walk to Train, Water Views, Walk to River, Walk to playground, Walk to public tennis courts
* Kitchen: Refrigerator, Freezer, Gas Stove, Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher, two dishwashers, Coffee Maker, Toaster Oven, Blender, Cookware, Utensils, Ice Bucket, Lobster Pot, Two sinks, Disposal
* Living: Air Conditioning Unit(s), Fan(s), Heat, Linens, Pullout Sofa, Washer and Dryer, Iron, Ironing Board, Landline Telephone, Unlimited Long Distance Phone, Long Distance Phone w/in US Only, Pets with explicit approval only, Skylight(s), Carpeting, Library, Alarm Clock
* Outdoor: Yard, Neighborhood waterfront access, Smoking-Outside Only, Off street parking for one car, Additional parking on street