This spacious 19th century Bed and Breakfast is located in Society Hill, the historic district of Philadelphia. It is within easy walking distance of Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, other famous historic sites, major office buildings, renowned teaching hospitals, South Street (a mini SOHO), antique row, famous food markets, world class restaurants, theaters, concert halls, Convention Center and the Constitution Center.
Originally built around 1800, the house was rebuilt in 1865 and again by your hosts in 1967. Pictures date back to 1859. The modern open interior plan may make you forget that this historic building has provided shelter for residents for over two centuries.
Your room has private bath, TV, central air, self-controlled heating and wireless internet. Relax on your private roof-top garden balcony.
Explore the city by Horse Drawn Carriage and enjoy dinner and live entertaiment on the waterfront. Although a vehicle is not necessary, there is a public parking lot available nearby.
Bedding Configuration: 1 King
* Business: FREE WIFI, Nearby ATM, Nearby Bank, Nearby FedEx, Nearby Internet Cafe, Nearby Post Office
* Convenience: Nearby Grocery, Nearby Restaurants, Laundry Room, Nearby South Street
* Entertainment: Cable TV, CD Player, Stereo System, Books, Sugar House Casino
* Geographic: Close to Town, Historical Area, Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Penn's Landing, Betsy Ross House, Convention Center
* Kitchen: Refrigerator, Continental Breakfast Served, Coffee Tea Service
* Living: Air Conditioning, Iron, Ironing Board, Linens
* Outdoor: Gas Grill, Rooftop Garden Deck