Helena House: Bright & cheery home just 0.7 miles from Plum Cove Beach!
This delightful 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath Queen Anne style home is bright and cheery and just waiting for you! You may choose to enter the house through the back door (there are two other doors as well) by going past the verdant and sizable back yard to enter into the sunny kitchen which has plenty of storage, gas cooking, and a small center island that can be used to eat or as a prep area. The full size front loading washer and dryer are in the kitchen. From the kitchen you will pass through the large dining room, with built-ins and through a set of french doors into the living room with a bay window and stylish modern sectional sofa and flat screen TV. Hardwood floors are throughout the main floor-also in the den (just off the dining and living areas) with a comfy double futon. There is a spacious half bath on this level. Upstairs are 3 bright bedrooms and a new (2015) bath. The master California king has sliders to a deck from which you can glimpse the ocean. The other two bedrooms have twin beds (two are extra long) and one bedroom also boasts two trundle beds underneath, as well. The new European style bathroom with a walk in shower and double vanity is separated from the toilet for more versatile use. There is a second set of "back" stairs which brings you down to the kitchen entrance. While the upstairs bedrooms are air conditioned, the first level is not. In the Bay View area of Gloucester, a short walk takes you to Hodgkins Cove where you can swim and enjoy the scenery or walk to many fishing spots and quarries for swimming. The picturesque (and great place for tide-pooling and hermit-crabbing) neighborhood beach of Plum Cove is 6/10 of a mile, and a bit farther is the sweet little village of Lanesville where there is coffee shop and bakery, liquor store, kayak rentals and a few interesting boutiques. Annisquam and Rockport are a short drive away. A slate patio, hot and cold outdoor shower, one car garage and a driveway that can accommodate 4 cars complete this house making it a convenient and comfortable Cape Ann getaway.
Bedding Configuration: 1 King, 6 Twin, 1 Sleeper Sofa
Room Description: Master California King with slider to deck and winter water views, Twins XL, 2 twins with trundles.
Pets: Dogs Allowed
* Entertainment: Flat Screen TV, Blu-Ray Player, Cable Television, High Speed Wireless Internet, iPod Dock
* Geographic: Access to Public Transportation, Seasonal water views, Walk to Beach, Walk to Ice Cream Store, Walk to Quarries
* Kitchen: Refrigerator, Gas Stove, Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher, Coffee Maker, Toaster, Blender, Cookware, Utensils, Center Island
* Living: Air Conditioning Unit(s), Heat, Linens, Futon, Washer and Dryer, NO Landline Telephone, Hardwood Floors, Office, Alarm Clock
* Outdoor: Deck, Yard, Garage, Outdoor Furniture, Outdoor Shower
* Type of Rental: Summer Vacation Rentals, Summer & Winter Rental, Winter-Long Term, Winter-Short Term