Vacation Home in Prichsenstadt - beautiful, central, comfortable (# 3199)
Prichsenstadt is at the start of the “Romantische Straße” (Romantic Road),one of Germany's most popular holiday routes, passing through many historic, beautiful medieval towns including Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Dinkelsbühl, Nördlingen, ending in Füssen and the majestic Alps. Prichsenstadt is a beautiful medieval wine village surrounded by open countryside and vineyards to explore as well as nearby towns of Rothenburg ob der Tauber, the UNESCO world heritage town of Bamburg, Nürnberg and Würzburg., key advantages: beautiful, central, comfortable, 1 large living/family room, 1 separate dining room, fully equipped kitchen, upgraded interiors, clean, well furnished, very comfortable, makes you feel at home, bright and inviting, The unit is conveniently located directly in the center and downtown area of Prichsenstadt, There is parking in front of the house available for this object, Equipment:
The Stone House, originally a farmhouse, dates from the late 1700’s to early 1800’s. Farmhouses were historically located within the town walls for protection. The property consists of a listed main building with 2 floors for guest accommodation. There is a large barn on the other side of a private courtyard to the rear.
The house is comfortably furnished, catering for up to 7 guests (max. 4 adults). The ground floor comprises of a lounge, dinning room, kitchen and WC. The back door opens onto the courtyard. The first floor has three bedrooms, a balcony overlooking the courtyard and the main bathroom. Free WiFi is available on request. Click on the images below to view large in a slideshow.
* The lounge has seating for up to seven people. There is a TV with integrated DVD and a selection of DVDs, a Playstation 2 with a selection of games, books for all ages, board and card games and a CD player/radio. There is also an extensive collection of brochures, maps, guides and a "House, Town and Area" manual that details the operation of equipement in the house and suggestions for things to do nearby and further afield.
* The dining room has seating for up to 7 people. A high chair and booster seat are available. Table covers and place mats are provided.
* The kitchen is fully equiped with all you should need in terms of kitchenware. There is an oven and 4 hob electric stove, a fridge, coffee machine, toaster, kettle, dishwasher and a microwave oven.
* To the rear of the property is a cozy courtyard and a large barn. The courtyard is furnished with garden chairs, sun shade, deckchairs and a table for al-fresco dining. The barn remains much as it was the day the last farmers stopped work. In the barn there is a storeroom for recycling and storage.
* Clean bed linen and towels are provided throughout. All bed linen is high quality 300 Thread Polycotton Egyptian Linen with hypoallergenic pillows and duvets.
* Bedroom 1: Double bed with balcony overlooking the courtyard. The balcony has a table and chairs to enjoy the fresh air or relax with your morning coffee.
* Bedroom 2: Double bed and single bed. An infant travel cot is available if needed.
* Bedroom 3: Childrens room with two single bunk beds, childrens toys, games, puzzles and books.
* The upstairs bathroom has a bath, shower, toilet, hairdrier and bathroom scale. Eden hand soap and shower gel are provided. There is a second toilet downstairs with a washing machine, iron and laundry facilities.
Location Nuremberg Airport:
This unit is located conveniently near Nuremberg Airport. From Nuremberg Airport the distance to the unit at Spitalgasse 6, 97357 Prichsenstadt is about 80 km (50.0 miles), approximately a 50 minutes drive by car. In addition, there are good public transportation options available for Prichsenstadt, in case you don't want to rent a car. At the top of this page is also a map with the exact location of the object.
Rate Summary: starting prices from USD $126-$140 for 4 persons.
Additional Features: Internet Access, Wireless Internet, Central Heating, Oven, Dish Washer, Microwave, Refrigerator, Toaster, Washing Machine, Television, DVD Player, Balcony, Patio, Garden, Outdoor Dining Area, Games
Prichsenstadt is in Franconia (or Franken in German), Northern Bavaria and is the 6th largest of the 13 wine producing areas of Germany and the only wine producing region in Bavaria. The area has a wonderful sunny, warm and dry climate suitable for vine growing, and is steeped in history and tradition. Tourism and agriculture, particularly viticulture, are the primary industries in the area. There is plenty to do nearby and in the region, explore Franconia, the wine is a huge attraction to the area, there is a reason why the Germans keep the good stuff to themselves! Prichsenstadt is at the start of the “Romantische Straße” (Romantic Road), Germany's most popular holiday route, passing through many historic, beautiful medieval towns including Rothenburg, Dinkelsbühl, Nördlingen, ending in Füssen and the majestic Alps.
The Franconian "Bocksbeutel Straße" is another tourist route through the area (Bocksbeutel is the bottle shape synonymous with Franconian wine). The Bocksbeutel Straße is a wine trail that runs through all the major wine producing villages and towns of which Prichsenstadt is one. Prichsenstadt is close to many beautiful ancient towns such as Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Bamburg, Nürnberg and Würzburg to name just a few. Bamberg Town and the Würzburg Residence are both UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Prichsenstadt itself is a uniquely preserved medieval town retaining over 70% of the town walls, watchtowers, moat and town gate, it really is like staying in your own medieval castle. The town, which in reality is smaller than some of the surrounding villages, has all you will need.
Surrounded by open vineyards and beautiful peaceful countryside Prichsenstadt offers a perfect getaway, and the chance for a genuine Bavarian experience. Even though rural and quiet the town is still very much a working and thriving community with six winemakers, all happy for you to sample their wares and five cosy traditional Franconian restaurants all serving a delectable range of seasonal Franconian Cuisine.
Discover Prichsenstadt and local activities:
* There are six independent winemakers (Weingut) in the village all happy to allow you to sample their exceptional wine. You will find five traditonal cozy restaurants all serving seasonal Franconian and Bavarian cuisine all year round. There are also several Inns and Guest Houses in the village. Recently a five star hotel opened, their restaurant serves a range of traditional and international cuisine.
* Shops in the town include two butcheries both selling homemade franconian sausage, cold meat and other delicacies. There are two bakeries offering fresh bread and pastries daily, a pharmacy and an antique shop. At various times of the year local farms will sell fresh seasonal produce, such as asparagus, directly.
* There is also a large playground for the children.
* All of this within 100m of the Stone House! You really do not need to travel far to relax and enjoy the local food, wine and beautiful surroundings.
* Experience world famous traditional German Christmas Markets nearby: 29 Nov-23 Dec 2012 -UNESCO world heritage town of Bamberg, 30 Nov-24 Dec 2012 - Nuremberg, 30 Nov-24 Dec 2012 - Rothenburg ob der Tauber.
By Car: Prichsenstadt is 8km from exit 75 (sign posted Rüdenhausen/Wiesentheid) on the A3 motorway between Frankfurt and Nuremberg (Nürnberg) near Würzburg.From the UK, Prichsenstadt is 744 km/460 miles, approximately 7 hours driving time from Calais. We have found that hotels near Brussels Airport are a convenient and economical stopover if one is required.
By Air: If arriving by air we would strongly recommend hiring a car for your stay. The two closest airports are Frankfurt am Main Airport (FRA) German: “Flughafen Frankfurt am Main” and Nuremberg Airport (NUE) German: “Flughafen Nürnberg”.
Train: Germany has an exceptional rail network, serviced by high speed Inter City Express (ICE) trains. Whichever airport you arrive at, train travel is normally an option to Würzburg from where a hire car can be collected. Würzburg is about a 20min drive from Prichsenstadt. Train travel to Würzburg can also be convenient from anywhere in Eurpoe including the UK. From the UK take the Eurostar from London to Brussels and then (via Cologne and/or Frankfurt) to Würzburg.
More travel info about Prichsenstadt: Prichsenstadt is a town in the district of Kitzingen, Lower Franconia, Bavaria, Germany.