Vacation Apartment in Berlin - 603 sqft, central, quiet and modern (# 3127)
Please relax in our child-friendly 2 rooms apartment with balcony. The apartment is well-connected and located on a quiet residential street next to a representative square with a fountain and old chestnut trees. The apartment is located on the first floor of a house which was built in 1956. A number of busses and the metro (underground, 3-6 minutes walk) will take you to Berlins most important attractions. The apartment is equipped very conveniently with a fitted kitchen with 4 boilerplates, microwave, fridge, electronic controlled continuous-flow heaters, etc. There is a crib (60 * 120 cm) in the sleeping room and in the separate living room is a spacious sleeping-sofa for another 2 persons.The sitting room is furnished as follows:: The spacious sleeper-sofa offers additional sleeping-accommodation for a third and fourth guest. Additional bedding is available in the wickerwork baskets inside the bedroom. The extendable, spacious dining table provides seating for 4-6 people. The corner unit is supplemented by a rattan-armchair and a coffee table. For your entertainment a TV with satellite aerial and a stereo system including a DVD-player and loads of CDs are provided., key advantages: central, quiet and modern, 1 living/family room, , fully equipped kitchen, clean, , bright and inviting, The unit is conveniently located directly in the center and downtown area of Berlin, There is also additional street parking available for this object, Equipment:
* The Sitting-room is furnished as follows: The spacious sleeper-sofa offers additional sleeping-accommodation for a third and fourth guest. Additional bedding is available in the wickerwork baskets inside the bedroom.
* The extendable, spacious dining table provides seating for 4-6 people. The corner unit is supplemented by a rattan-armchair and a coffee table. For your entertainment a TV with satellite aerial and a stereo system including a CD-player and loads of CDs are provided.
* Inside the bedroom are two beds (90x200) can be arranged separately or can be joined together. Additionally, there is a spacious closet, an extra bed for a child, a changing table for babies with extra space which can also be used as a dressing table, a small lamp and an alarm-clock. Although the apartment is situated on the first floor, you can sleep with open windows without any trouble. The blinds can be closed in such a way that air supply can still be guaranteed. The floors throughout the entire apartment (apart from the bathroom)are laminated. Washable throw rugs add to the comfortable atmosphere.
* The fitted kitchen of three meters length is fully equipped: In the four upper and lower cupboards there are: Pots and pans, plenty of dishes and glasses, cutlery and further utensils (such as soup ladle, corkscrew, tin opener, whisk, etc.) and numerous electrical appliances: a cooker with four hotplates, microwave, refrigerator, coffee machine, toaster, mixer, bread cutter, lemon press, Moulinette. The folding table offers enough space for two people to take their breakfast. In the cupboard below the sink you can find cleaning materials and not always needed equipment (bulbs, ... ).
* The brightly lighted hall is extended by a niche in which ironing board and vacuum cleaner can be found. Shoes can also be placed here. Above, there is plenty of space, e.g. for suitcases.
* Inside the tiled bathroom apart from the toilet and the shower, there is one cupboard below the sink and another cupboard with an attached mirror above the sink. A small hair dryer is also available. Water temperature is kept constantly on a comfortable level by an instantaneous water heater (inside the kitchen).
* In summer the balcony invites guests to sit down and rest. The balcony is equipped with a table and two folding chairs. Just enjoy a barbecue under the parasol.
* With its robust furniture, the changing table and a special children´s seat, the apartment is child-frienldy . For guests with advanced reservations, we will provide an extra children´s bed and anything else you require, so that our youngest guest will enjoy their stay. At the back of the house is a small lawn and a sand box, which has not been used for years. The beautiful play-grounds just around the corner and at Barbarossaplatz (see picture) are certainly a better choice.
* An emergency fire-extinguisher is located in the basement, which is accessible with front-door key. As an emergency exit, you can use the balcony and climb down the oil pipes (attention: to avoid unpleasant visitors, please, always close the balcony door and windows during your absence!). All blinds can be locked accordingly.
* The dust-bins for paper, package-and other refuse are located next to the garage at the back of the house. All parking-lots are already rented by other tenants of the house. However, finding a parking space in Schwäbische Str. is usually not a problem.
* Useful literature is available on the shelves in the living-room, e.g. detailed literature about Berlin for those who want to discover the city and a cooking guide for the microwave.
If you want to know about the equipment in full detail, the unabridged inventory list::
* Glasses, dishes, boards, etc.: 6x Breakfast Dishes, 6x Dinner Dishes, 1 Salver, 6 Fondue-Plates, 6 Glasses, 6 Beerglasses, 2x 3 Wineglasses, 2 Teaglasses, 2 Teacups made of glass, 1 Teapot with a filter, 4 Cereal-Bowls, 4 Eggcups, 1 Salt-cellar, 1 Chees-Cover, 1 Teapot-Heater, 2 Cutting-Boards (large, small), 1 Teak Saucer, 2 Teak Board, 5 Tupperware-Boxes, 1 Tray, 3 Microwave-Glassbowls, various Bunzlauer Dishes
* Cutlery, Kitchen-Utensils: 6x Knifes, Forks, Spoons, Tea-Spoons, 5 Tomato-/Vegetable-Knifes, 1 Bread-Knife, 1 Potato-Peeler, 1 Cucumber-Cutter, 1 Grater, 1 Garlic-Press, 1 Pancake-Turner, 1 whisk, 1 Cheese-Cutter, 1 Spaghetti-Tong, 1 Bottle-Opener, 1 Universal Opener, 1 Corkscrew, 1 Eggcutter
* Pots, Pans, Bowls, etc.: 1 Teflon-Pan for microwaves, 2 Teflon-Pan with Lid, 2 Cooking-Pots (medium, small), 2 Salad-Bowl (large), 1 High-Grade Steel-Bowl, 1 Plastic-Bowls, 1 Measuring-Cup, 1 Dish-rack
* Electrical Appliances: 1 Coffee-Machine, 1 Toaster, 1 Mixer, 1 Bread-Slicer, 1 Waffle-Iron, 1 Multifunctional Kitchen Machine, 1 Lemon-Press
* What Else: 1 Pair of Scissors, 1 Candle Holder, 1 Manual Vacuum-Cleaner, 1 Iron, 1 Ironing-Board, 1 Vacuum-Cleaner, 1 Akkumulator Flashlight, 1 Hair-Dryer (small), Cleaning Materials (Bucket, Dust-Pan & Broom, etc.), additional - e.g. furniture - see description of rooms
Location Berlin Tegel Airport:
This unit is located conveniently near Berlin Tegel Airport. From Berlin Tegel Airport the distance to the unit at Schwäbische Straße 24, 10781 Berlin is about 14 km (8.7 miles), approximately a 35 minutes drive by car. In addition, there are good public transportation options available for Berlin, in case you don't want to rent a car. At the top of this page is also a map with the exact location of the object.
Rate Summary: starting prices from USD $71-$107 for 5 persons.
Unit Size: 603 square feet
Additional Features: Central Heating, Gas Grill, Freezer, Microwave, Refrigerator, Toaster, Television, Satellite TV, Cable TV, DVD Player, Balcony, Alarm Clock, Outdoor Dining Area, Games
The apartment is well-connected and located on a quiet residential street next to a representative square with a fountain and old chestnut trees. The apartment is located on the first floor of a house which was built in 1956. There is a little garden and parking place (reserved for the other occupants) behind the house. Because of the low-density area and the parking places in the wide street with low traffic it is no problem to find a place to park your car. You will almost find a parking place just in front the door all over daytime. You will reach lots of buses (stop Hohenstauffen Str.) and the underground (U7 station Eisenacher Str.) by walking in 3 to 6 minutes they will bring you to Berlins most attractive places quickly. The next store is nearby at the end of the street. Other shops and a washing centre are close to the flat.
Discover Berlin and local activities:
* Golf: The Gulf and Country Club Seddiner See (south of Berlin) are attainable in half an hour by car. The Berlin Gulf Club Stolper Heide is located in the north of Berlin (Frohnau).
* Ski: According to Berlin Ski Federation the citizen of Berlin have skiing a tradition of 100 years. In the 50's-years the Teufelsberg (devil mountain) - with elevator, snow maker and floodlight installation - was the Mekka of the Berlin ski sportsmen. Although the alps are distant ca. 700 km and up to the next lift systems ca. 300 km, annually ca. 450,000 citizens of Berlin use their skis. Too little and the plant were dismantled. Afterwards the Teufelsberg for grass ski was used. In the 80's took place Europe Cup running. Owing to snow cannons here even the Worldcup in the Parallelslalom took place. 2002 were the 400 m long runway with 70 m difference in height was made 'fit for winter' again. „The glacier “in Pankow offers throughout the year indoor ski on to 5 m a broad special carpet, which can move against the departure direction and be adjusted depending upon ability.
* "Bahnhof Zoo"-Station (e.g. in 11 min. by bus 146 from Barbarossastr. 3 min. walking distance)
* Tegel-Airport (e.g. in 30 min. - from Zoo by bus X9)
* Memorialchurch "Gedächtniskirche" / Europacenter (e.g. in 7 min. by bus 146 from Barbarossastr.)
* Central Coach Station "ZOB" / Funkturm / International Congress Centre "ICC" (e.g. in 22 min., changing once)
* Brandenburger Tor / Unter den Linden (e.g. in 30 min., changing once)
* The closest grocery store can already be seen while standing on the balcony. Further shops and a washing center are nearby.
From the station is best to take the S-Bahn (S5, S7, S75 and S9) and regional trains (RE1, RE2, RE7 or RB14) to station Zoologischer landscaped grounds. There you take bus M46 (Positions-Nr. 5) and get off at the bus stop Hohenstaufenstr. (See below right). Cross the Martin-Luther-Str. at the traffic lights towards the rear. The house Martin-Luther-Str./Pallasstr??. has a public passage for pedestrians. When you walk through this, you are already on the Swabian road. Follow it up at the next junction (Starnberger Str), behind which lies on the left side of the house with your chosen property (no longer on the map). Here ring when Drenhaus / Wagner.
More travel info about Berlin: Berlin is the capital city of Germany, and with a population of 3.4 million within its city limits, it is the country's largest city. It is the second most populous city and the eighth most populous urban area in the European Union. Berlin is a major center of culture, politics, media, and science. Its economy is primarily based on the service sector, encompassing a diverse range of creative industries, media corporations, environmental services, congress and convention venues. The city serves as a continental hub for air and rail transport, and is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the EU. The metropolis is home to world-renowned universities, research institutes, sporting events, orchestras, museums and personalities. Berlin's urban landscape and historical legacy has made it a popular setting for international film productions. The city is recognized for its festivals, diverse architecture, nightlife, contemporary arts and a high quality of living. Berlin has evolved into a global focal point for young individuals and artists attracted by a liberal lifestyle and modern zeitgeist.