The owners of this home, Jim and Lisa brought together the best from Australian and Southern California design in one home. Working with leading architect Steven Dalton, they constructed ?Elements? to maximize the sun, ocean and views of La Jolla Cove.
Take your coffee through the wide open concertina doors to the front deck, relax as you look at the blue Pacific and enjoy the warm morning sun. Make the short walk to the beach and stroll along a wide flat sea shore watching dolphins, surfers and people at play. Return to your modern, professionally appointed kitchen to pull together a healthy breakfast to eat in your private back yard, read the paper and relax.
As the day winds down take your glass of wine to the roof top patio to watch the sun set into the horizon, the surfers catch their last waves and the color sweep across the surrounding hills. The view of La Jolla Cove and beyond is a treat from the comfort of the soft lounge benches or while dining with friends at the best table in the house.
Elements offers you a luxury take on beach living. Elements is a newly built, custom home that captures the best of contemporary indoor/outdoor living.
One flight up to the second floor, the master bedroom frames sweeping ocean views even from the king-size Temperpedic bed. The zebra wood and white modern bathroom and large, walk-in closet make up the rest of the east wing of the house.
Two additional bedrooms with queen size beds, a full bathroom, study area and water-view balcony complete the soft carpeted second story.
Down stairs is all light, filtered through many large windows and glass doors. The floors are concrete and natural cork with tall columns of steel piercing through the ceilings. Enjoy the appealing mix of contemporary materials and warm mahogany. If you like to cook, the large open kitchen offers everything you need from a double Viking range to long, stainless steel counters.
A detached guest house sleeps your special visitors, with its own full bathroom and kitchenette.Elements is at the end of a short cull de sac that translates into privacy and quiet. Access the excitement of Avanita de la Playa with its award winning restaurants and shops. The buzz of summer is available when you want? just a short walk or drive to down town La Jolla. Once at Elements you will not feel the busyness of the summer like you might at other summer vacation spots.
Don?t forget the many local offerings as some of San Diego?s best restaurants are within walking distance, the opportunity to kayak, swim, surf and ?sweep? in a clear, often calm ocean. Don?t miss the La Jolla farmers market on Sunday, a must for fresh, organic produce and some of the tastiest treats around. Take in the art and views from the Museum of Contemporary Art or stroll Girard for some world-class galleries, boutiques and so much more.
You are visiting the home of the world famous San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park, Sea World and Lego Land. Take in the amusement parks or be amused at some of the beautiful coastal parks. Golf and tennis players will find a myriad of choices to indulge in their sport. Hit with the pro?s ?
Come back to your home away from home, rinse off in the outdoor warm shower, play a game or two of ping-pong or catch the latest news on one of the four flat-screen TVs. It?s all here. Jim and Lisa love their home, community and outstanding lifestyle that La Jolla Shores makes available.
Elements is a vacation in itself. Then there is all of La Jolla and San Diego to enjoy ? imagine!
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
?No smoking is allowed inside any of our properties
?Due to the moderate coastal climate, this house (like most in the area) does not have air conditioning.
?This home is located in a quiet neighborhood and is only suitable for quieter groups.
Bedding Configuration: 1 King, 2 Queen, 2 Twin
* AMENITY: combination tub/shower, king, outdoor shower, queen, shower, toilet, tub, twin/ single
* ATTRACTIONS: caves, churches, cinemas, festivals, live theater, marina, museums, playground, recreation center, restaurants, synagogues, theme parks, water parks, zoo
* Business: Nearby Bank
* DINING_CHECKBOX: Dining
* ENTERTAINMENT: DVD Player, Ping Pong Table, Satellite / Cable, Television
* GENERAL: Air Conditioning, Clothes Dryer, Fireplace, Hair Dryer, Heating, Internet, Iron & Board, Linens Provided, Living Room, Parking, Telephone, Towels Provided, Washing Machine
* KITCHEN: Coffee Maker, Dishes & Utensils, Dishwasher, Kitchen, Microwave, Oven, Pantry Items, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster
* LEISURE_ACTIVITIES: antiquing, beachcombing, bird watching, eco tourism, photography, scenic drives, sight seeing, walking, whale watching
* LOCAL_SERVICES_AND_BUSINESSES: ATM/bank, Babysitter, fitness center, groceries, hospital, laundromat, massage therapist, medical services
* LOCATION_TYPE: Beach View, Ocean View, Village, Water View
* OUTSIDE: Balcony, Bicycles, Deck / Patio, Lawn / Garden, Tennis
* POOL_SPA: Hot Tub
* SPORTS_AND_ADVENTURE_ACTIVITIES: cycling, deepsea fishing, fishing, golf, hiking, jet skiing, mountain biking, mountain climbing, paragliding, pier fishing, roller blading, sailing, scuba diving or snorkeling, snorkeling, sound/bay fishing, surf fishing, surfing, swimming, tennis, water skiing
* SUITABILITY: children welcome, pets not allowed