LLAG Luxury Vacation Apartment in Schwangau - beautiful scenery, english-speaking hosts, high open ceilings…
1 sunny bedroom with double bed and wellness mattresses and a cream leather massage chair allowing you to relax your muscles after a full day out. The alcove next door sleeps 1-2 further people. New luxury bathroom with open shower, stylish square sink and natural light. Hair dryer is also provided., key advantages: beautiful scenery, english-speaking hosts, high open ceilings, 1 large living/family room, , fully equipped kitchen, clean, well furnished, very comfortable, makes you feel at home, bright and inviting, There is parking in front of the house available for this object,
Birkeneck Luxury Holiday Home with its breathtaking direct view of Neuschwanstein Castle is the ideal accommodation for couples / families who want to unwind and recharge in the tranquility of a quiet, soothing space away from the hustle and bustle of hotels and other holiday groups while enjoying all the amenities of a luxury home.
Birkeneck Luxury Holiday Home is a brand new one-of-a-kind holiday apartment house. The luxury apartments have been designed to the highest standards.
Elegant, spacious apartment (ground floor) with 1 separate bedroom, luxury bathroom, dream kitchen with cooking island and open plan living with sun deck/garden and direct castle view.
1 sunny bedroom with double bed and wellness mattresses and a cream leather massage chair allowing you to relax your muscles after a full day out. The alcove next door sleeps 1-2 further people. New luxury bathroom with open shower, stylish square sink and natural light. Hair dryer is also provided. Dream kitchen with 4 spot cooker in a separate cooking island, oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, coffee machine, kettle, toaster. Sunny dining area with full wood furniture and panorama windows on two sides leading on past an old English fire place into the cosy living area with 2 leather sofas, flatscreen TV, CD player with USB connection and access to the 90sqm/970sft sundeck. There is free WLAN internet connection throughout the apartment.
What is a Luxury Holiday to you ?
* DREAM VIEWS of Neuschwanstein castle/the Alps from your window ?
* the TRANQUILITY of a dream location in the midst of meadows, lakes, castles and Alpine mountains ?
* the EXCLUSIVITY of a house with only one luxury holiday apartment ?
* the convenience of English (French, Spanish & German) speaking INTERNATIONAL HOSTS ?
* PROXIMITY to the lakes, the restaurants/cafes, the town, castles and the mountains ?
* cycling paths & nordic skiing TRACKS starting ON YOUR DOOR STEP ?
* a WINTER WONDERLAND, beautiful Christmas markets, and a cup of hot cocoa to warm you up ?
* SPACIOUS living in line with what you are used to at home ?
* beautiful HIGH OPEN CEILINGS revealing the wooden beams ?
* a FULL KITCHEN incl. oven, microwave and dishwasher so you don’t need to wash up while on holiday ?
* a WASHING MACHINE to yourself in your apartment (no sharing, no need to descend into the basement) ?
* a HOME ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM with 42’’ flat screen TV integrated DVD, CD, radio and USB connection to play your own music/videos or connect your computer ?
* FREE WLAN internet connection to stay in touch or find information fast ?
* a LARGE BALCONY to enjoy a glass of wine and the views of the castle while the evening sun makes the impressive mountain range reflect/shine in a warm red ?
* OPTIONAL BREAKFAST SERVICE ?
* a DAILY MASSAGE to relax your muscles after an exciting day out ?
All of this comes with our apartment!
Outside, you have your own double length parking space.
All prices are for a minimum stay of 7 nights. Shorter stays are possible and will incur an additional charge of 20 Euro per day.
Prices include bed linen, towels and final cleaning as well as internet connection.
We offer FREE support to plan your dream holiday experience.
Breakfast service is available at an additional charge at hotel Steiger only 25 metres from us. Feel free to ask us.
Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate your pets.
Location Munich Airport:
This unit is located conveniently near Munich Airport. From Munich Airport the distance to the unit at Forggenseestr. 6, 87645 Schwangau is about 164 km (102.5 miles), approximately a 1 hour, 54 minutes drive by car. In addition, there are good public transportation options available for Schwangau, in case you don't want to rent a car. At the top of this page is also a map with the exact location of the object.
Rate Summary: starting prices from USD $173-$244 for 4 persons.
Additional Features: Oven, Dish Washer, Freezer, Microwave, Refrigerator, Toaster, Washing Machine, Television, Cable TV, DVD Player, Patio, Outdoor Dining Area
About the Property Owners of Birkeneck
After several holidays in Schwangau (while living in Dubai) and attracted by the unparalleled natural beauty and historic wealth of the region, we decided to move there in 2008. We completely renovated and refurbished an old house in a fabulous quiet location close to the biggest lake and with a direct view to the famous Neuschwanstein castle. It had three very spacious floors and a basement with a lot of potential. After a lot of hard work during 2009, we finally finished the first elegant luxury holiday apartment spreading across the entire top floor, right under the roof. We loved the spaciousness of the apartment and decided to add only two more apartments, each occupying an entire floor. In autumn of the following year (2010), we finished the two other floors equipping them with all the luxuries including brand new kitchens and bathrooms.
About Neuschwanstein Castle / Bavaria
Neuschwanstein was built by Bavarian King Ludwig II in 1869 and is one of the most famous castles in the world. It inspired Disney to create Cinderella castle and has appeared in movies such as Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and The Great Escape.
It’s setting couldn’t be more idyllic with a backdrop of Alpine mountains overlooking the village of Schwangau (near Fussen) a wide green valley of lakes, meadows and rolling hillsides. Romantic castle Neuschwanstein also marks the end of the famous romantic road through the southern part of Bavaria is only little more than an hour south of Munich.
Every year 1.3 million visitors admire the beautiful architecture of this castle that was never fully finished. A palace built like a knight’s castle had been the dream of the handsome Bavarian King Ludwig II, who had grown up with little love and turned to art and music.
He had channeled all his fantasies into the building of his castles, which were never intended for anyone other than himself. He cherished his privacy and had envisioned it as his personal refuge as well as a homage to Richard Wagner, the German composer he admired deeply.
Unfortunately his mysterious early death – he was found drowned in a lake together with his private doctor – prevented him from enjoying the magnificence of his new home. He had been loved by the people but his ministers didn’t like him, declared him “mad” and removed him from power before he died in a lake (much cause for speculation). Shortly after his death, Neuschwanstein was opened to the public and has stayed a major attraction of Bavaria ever since.
Many visitors race by too fast, missing the beautiful surroundings King Ludwig lived in, the further castles (medieval and younger), the historic churches like Wieskirche, Fuessens St. Mang and St. Coloman in Schwangau, the roman remains and the outdoor opportunities such as hiking, cycling, swimming etc and the wide variety of mouth-watering Bavarian culinary experiences. You could easily spend 4 weeks here and not get bored.
Winter Activities Around Neuschwanstein Castle / Bavaria
A couple of guests have asked me for an overview of winter activities in our beautiful Neuschwanstein Castle area and the wider Bavaria.
* Tobogganing / Sledging all the way from the top of the mountain Buchenberg at 1140m above sea level (sledges can be rented right there). You go up with a double seater lift and sledge down a fabulous 2.5 km long slope which is lit up until 10pm at night (see the green line in the map below) ! On top of mountain Buchenberg you will find a great mountain restaurant, stunning views of the surrounding valleys and paragliders taking off regularly.
* Ice-skating on one of the many lakes (or in the ice-skating hall). Lake Hopfen (5km from Birkeneck Luxury Holiday Apartments), lake Weissensee (4km from Birkeneck) or the Alpsee (2km from Birkeneck) are your primary destinations for ice-skating or simply a walk across the lake – an incredible feeling ! Alternatively, you can go ice-skating in the Fuessen ice-skating centre where you can also borrow skates for free (once you paid the entry fee of 2-3 Euros per person – 2011 data).
* Take a horse drawn sledge up to Neuschwanstein Castle (which inspired Disney to create Cinderella castle). You can also hike up through the snow, or (less romantic) the bus. Afterwards walk on to Marienbruecke (Maria’s bridge) across the canyon and enjoy the great views onto the castle from behind. From there walk on to the old hunter’s lodge Bleckenau (sign-posted) and enjoy a rustic snack. You can take the bus back if you feel tired.
* Skiing on our local mountain Tegelberg (regular lifts and cable car going up). You can rent the gear and buy your pass at the bottom of it.
* Watching the paragliders start from mountain Tegelberg and have a local speciality there “Kaiserschmarrn” – very good in the little hut around the corner from the main restaurant.
* Hot air balloning across the mountains
* Horse riding excursion (Ponyhof Fischer) or horse carriage/sledge excursion through Schwangau’s country side (family Kotz).
* Take a hike through the snow covered mountains, e.g. from the yellow castle “Hohenschwangau” and along the lake “Alpsee” into Austria and have a great meal at restaurant “Zum Schluxen” when you arrive in the Austrian valley.
* Enjoy the thermal spa “Kristalltherme” only 5 minutes from us where you have connected hot indoor and outdoor pools with view of the castle, saunas, crystal cave.
* Book an igloo building activity
* Hike up to the medieval ruins in Eisenberg (village close-by) and enjoy a hearty snack (Speckpfannkuchen / special type of pizza) at the hut afterwards. Great views from there across the whole valley.12. Join a tour of the cheese making place or the brewery and see how these things are made.
* Visit the roman remains at the bottom of mountain Tegelberg.
* Visist the medieval castle and museum “Burg Ehrenberg” in neighbouring Austria/ Tirol.
* Take a winter hike or horse drawn sledge to the feeding area of the wild deer behind the hamlet Brunnen. It’s a breathaking experience to see these majestic wild animals cautiously approach their food.
More travel info about Schwangau: Schwangau is a small village in the eastern Allgaeu region of Bavaria—the next-to-last town on Germany’s “Romantic Road.” This region is noted for its spectacular scenery and its famous historic buildings. Schwangau is situated less than one mile from the world-famous and spectacular Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau castles. Schwangau lies 4 km from the larger town of Fuessen and just 1.5 km from Hohenschwangau. Schwangau has no railway station, but is served by buses connecting to Fuessen, Hohenschwangau, and other nearby Alpine towns. Besides Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau, be sure to check out Schwangau's Castle Bullachberg and St. Coloman Church.