Vacation Apartment in Monschau - 883 sqft, nice, clean, spacious (# 544)
Located 25 km from Aachen, this apartment can accommodate up to 4 guests, and comes with a fully furnished kitchen with a dishwasher and washing machine. This unit is wheelchair accessible and offers access to a nice patio area., key advantages: nice, clean, spacious, 1 large living/family room, , fully equipped kitchen, clean, well furnished, spacious design, very comfortable, makes you feel at home, bright and inviting, , Walking distance into downtown Monschau is only 15 minutes, There is parking in front of the house available for this object,
Welcome to Vacation Apartment Gehlen
Private apartment for 2-4 people, 82 sq.m on ground floor, with 40 sq.m-large terrace, car parking.
Bedroom plus living room with comfortable sleeper sofa for two (160 x 200 cm big) in addition to corner seating, plus fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, washing machine; bathroom.
Non-smoking apartment, entrance area protected from the elements, with large window and comfortable corner seating (not least, for smokers).
Separate, large entrance suitable for wheelchair access; entire apartment with wider doorframes 82,5cm, barrier-free.
Please note that the bathroom, however, is not built to be accessible with wide wheelchairs.
Pets may be brought on request.
General practitioner and physiotherapist in-house.
Prices / Further Info:
All running costs as well as towels, dishrags, tablecloths, bed sheets and car parking included in price.
Final cleaning for 1-2 persons EUR 2, for 3-4 persons it is 30 €. If you have pets we charge an extra 5 € for final cleaning.
Location Cologne/Bonn Airport:
This unit is located conveniently near Cologne/Bonn Airport. From Cologne/Bonn Airport the distance to the unit at Hatzevennstrasse 3, 52156 Monschau is about 106 km (66.2 miles), approximately a 1 hour 8 minutes drive by car. In addition, there are good public transportation options available for Monschau, in case you don't want to rent a car. At the top of this page is also a map with the exact location of the object.
Rate Summary: starting prices from USD $72-$74 for 2 persons.
Unit Size: 883 square feet
Additional Features: Central Heating, Oven, Dish Washer, Refrigerator, Washing Machine, Television, Patio, Sofabed
* 25 km from Aachen in Konzen bei Monschau
* Sunny and quiet, in southwestern exposure, green surroundings, right at the Laufenbach creek. Total six apartments.
* Only 200 m from two bakeries with coffee bars, a small supermarket, diner and restaurant
* 2 km to larger supermarkets and various restaurants
* 3-4 km to historic old town of Monschau
How To Get Here:
* Easily accessible from Aachen, taking the A44
* at Aachen intersection towards Lüttich
* exit Lichtenbusch right before the border to Belgium
* left towards Monschau, some 25 km past Roetgen
* follow the signs towards Monschau
* just before Monschau, at the beginning of Konzen, follow the signs right towards Mützenich,
* first house on the left with large parking lot, the parking spot is marked with a sign reading Gehlen,
* then right along the house to the last of the apartments.
Things to Do and See
* 3.5 km to Monschau with romantic old town and castle, many cafés, pubs and restaurants, glassmaker, mustard mill, Red House with museum, brewery museum
* 30 km to old town of Aachen; 25 km to the animal enclosure of Hellenthal with the condor Santiago (which got famous on TV because it didn’t want to fly); 30 km to Nettersheim, where one can collect fossils
* 15 km to Burg Vogelsang castle, 12 km to nature education center Hohes Venn in Ternell/Belgium; 5 km to the idyllic Kalltalsperre dam close by Rollesbroich
* 10 km to Rurtalsperre dam offering many opportunities for water sports
* hiking and biking is possible right out the door, e.g. to the Hohes Venn or, on guided tours with a national park guide around the Rursee lake (10 km away)
* … and more…
More travel info about Monschau: Monschau is a town in the west of Germany, located in the Aachen district of North Rhine-Westphalia. The town is located in the hills of the Eifel, in the narrow valley of the Ruhr River. The historic town center was not destroyed in World War II, thus the many half-timbered houses and narrow streets, which have been nearly unchanged for 300 years, make Monschau a popular tourist attraction today. Historically the main industry of the town was cloth production. Be sure to visit the Felsenkeller Brewery Museum and the Monschau Castle when in the area.