Make your vacation an unforgettable adventure by staying at our Fig Tree Cottage in the lovely and historic Abbott Tract neighborhood of St. Augustine. Located on the second floor of a backyard building, our custom studio is quiet, safe, and beautiful!
Fig Tree Cottage is located behind the Ancient City Inn Bed and Breakfast. (If you are traveling to St. Augustine with a large group, you might consider booking rooms in the B&B as well as sleeping up to 6 in Fig Tree Cottage.) Fig Tree Cottage is completely detached from the B&B and accessible by an outdoor staircase that climbs up beside the lush foliage of our garden.
At the top of the stairs, you have reached the huge wraparound deck that makes Fig Tree Cottage so exceptional. Have a seat -- there is a rocker swing as well as two wicker rocking chairs -- and gaze around you. You're in the treetops of the Old City, a little haven in the middle of America's Oldest City, surrounded by tropical greenery and quiet beauty. Heaven!
Our deck is a great place for birdwatching, journaling, and simple downtime. The free wireless Internet service at Fig Tree Cottage works great out here, so bring your laptop and other electronics, if you're so inclined, and get a little work done in a gorgeous setting . . . or simply upload a few photos to Facebook to match your new status: "Fallen in love with St. Augustine!"
Step inside Fig Tree Cottage and you find yourself in a charming studio-style space with a large central area, one bedroom, and one bath. You'll find the best of old and new here: pleasing old-fashioned décor combined with sparkling modern appliances, a new tiled floor, HDTV, and ultra-comfy recliner chairs. Our living area is cozy and friendly, a soft oriental rug keeping your toes warm and long windows (plus the sliding-glass doors!) offering a great view. Our sofa is a futon that folds open flat to sleep 2, and has been known to induce long, fabulous afternoon naps in weary vacationers!
Our dining table is convenient to both the kitchen and living areas, and tends to become Command Central at Fig Tree Cottage! That's because the patio area downstairs has one table and benches beneath a big umbrella, another inside a big tent, so meals tend to find their way to the outdoors . . . or into one of St. Augustine's fine restaurants, just minutes away on foot! So the dining room table doubles as a game center and a computer hub. There's something so fun about whiling a late night away on Texas Hold 'em, frosty drinks and snacks within easy reach in the kitchen!
Speaking of the kitchen, don't let its compact size fool you. Here you'll find all the cookware, dishes, utensils, and gadgets you need to prepare and serve just about anything. If you're saving a few bucks this vacation by cooking at home, you will love the kitchen at Fig Tree Cottage. Bring home the catch of the day and concoct a feast!
The bedroom at Fig Tree Cottage sleeps 4 in cozy comfort, thanks to our big four-poster queen-sized bed and a bonus bunkbed tucked up in one corner! Perfect for a family, it's also a fun "sleepover" style arrangement for a girls' getaway. Everyone stays together in our treetop hideaway . . . or the night owls can stay up late in the main room and then collapse onto the futon!
There is a full bathroom at Fig Tree Cottage as well, with both a shower and a tub option. All of the towels you need, as well as linens, pillows, and blankets, are provided for you here. So homey, so easy -- Fig Tree Cottage is destined to become your home-away-from-home in Old St. Augustine!
From the garden gnome on the patio to the cheery stained-glass style shower doors, unique design accents make Fig Tree Cottage a particularly cheerful and unforgettable vacation destination. You could not ask for a better location for sightseeing, fine dining, and shopping.
Bedding Configuration: 1 Queen, 1 Bunk 1 Other
Room Description: Minimum stay is 7 nights per city rules. *** Charges = $100 for cleaning, & $65 security damage waiver fee. 4.95% booking/amenity fee.
* Bedrooms: No Smoking Rental, Bedroom #1 (1 Queen), Other (1 futon sleeper), Other (Bunk Bed)
* Convenience: Outlet Shopping, Area Fitness Center, Craft Shopping, Medical Services Nearby, Nearby Grocery, Shopping
* Culture: 97 miles to Disney World, 50 miles - Daytona Airport (DAB), 55 miles to Jacksonville Airport, Baseball Park, Jacksonville Stadium (Jaguars), Kennedy Space Center, Lighthouse, Marine Land, St Augustine Historic Town, Theatre, St Augustine, Florida, St Augustine, FL
* Entertainment: DVD Player, Television, Wireless Internet
* FAQ: Internet/Wifi in Unit, No Smoking Unit, Stairs inside Unit (No)
* Family: Beach
* Geographic: Exceptional Views, Near Beach
* Kitchen: Coffee Maker, Cookware, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Stove, Toaster, Utensils
* Living: Ceiling Fans, Linens, Washer & Dryer
* Outdoor: Deck, Patio, Sight-Seeing, Swimming
* PMS: Lock Instructions: Good News, Russell Welch 904-325-4829
* Ratings: Silver
* Sleeps: Sleeps 2 or more, Sleeps 4 or more, Sleeps 5 or more, Sleeps 6 or more
* TV's: HD TV in Living Room
* Trash Day: Monday, Thursday