Unique, spacious Solar Powered Private Haven on 50 acres forested wildlife refuge with year-round stream. 5,000 sq. ft. indoor spaces include a meditation room with loft.
Unique, spacious Solar Powered Private Haven on 50 secluded acres of forested wildlife refuge corridor. 5,000 sq. ft. indoor spaces in four levels where all floors are solar thermal radiant heat, including a meditation room with kiva fireplace and fourth-floor sleeping loft, three greenhouses, a giant solar kitchen with a double refrigerator, separate freezer and gas log fireplace in kitchen, large wood stove in living room, fresh hot tub with skin-friendly ozone filter, fresh water aquarium, and a grand piano, library - all with stunning valley, lake and mountain views. The Heavenly Retreat is available year-round for people seeking Restorative Solitude for recreation, bird and wildlife watching (bears, elk, deer, turkeys), writing, music, or for corporate think tank excursions. Equally memorable for family & friends' special events and educational/healing retreats. Close to Resort activities of skiing, tennis, boating, fishing, the new extreme Zipline tour, and the 18-hole golf course. Horseback riding & winter sleigh tours, country roads for biking, running and hiking trails in the valley to surrounding lakes and passes.
Extras include: floor futons for up to two children, main deck w/Sangre de Cristo mountain and lake views, hiking trail to private meadow, immediate forest access, garden with sitting area, 2 day standby power, on- or off-grid solar system, hot tub within greenhouse on mezzanine level, simple to luxury furnishings, No cats. Dogs considered (with 2 sweet cats on premise, may be boarded if necessary). Separate fully-furnished first-floor, studio apartment is included. Located at 9250 ft., 800 ft. above the Moreno Valley, an 8-minute drive to ski lifts, 10 min. to market in Angel Fire.
WINTER access: 4-wheel drive required. Responsible smoking outside only.
Check in: > 4:00 pm, Check out: < 10:00 AM .
Additional Quality Services with prior arrangement include: Private organic meal Catering and special event set-up facility, consultation in Green Building Design and Renewable Energy applications, coaching for basic meditation, yoga and relaxation, body centered therapies, energy balancing with a veteran facilitator, savvy New Mexico Native hunting guides, permits in season, private, guided tours of the National Historic Site - Taos Pueblo with a Native Tewa expert.
This home may have a minimum night stay based on seasonality and availability.
Bedding Configuration: 2 King, 2 Queen
Room Description: Extra: floor futons for up to two children.
2-1/2 floors plus loft.
Hot tub within greenhouse on mezzanine level.
located at 9250 ft., 500 ft. above the valley.
8min drive to ski lifts, 10min to market.
WINTER access: 4-wheel drive .
Pets: Dogs Allowed
* Business: Nearby Bank, Nearby Internet Cafe, Nearby Post Office
* Convenience: Skiing, Close to Angel Fire Resort
* Culture: Drive to Shopping
* Entertainment and technology: Standard TV, CD player, DSL/Internet, Piano, VCR
* Geographic: Close to Town
* Heat and air: Radiant heat, Living room w/wood fireplace, Master bedrm w/wood fireplace, Solar Thermal Radiant Heat, Extensive Passive Solar, 10 ceiling fans, Active Solar Electric, 2-day Standby Power on-site, Can be "on-grid or off-grid"
* Kitchen area: Full kitchen all std appliances, Dishwasher, Washer/dryer
* Living: 2 Fireplaces, Hot Tub, Ironing Board, Linens, Pets Considered, Piano, Radiant Heat, Washer & Dryer, Wireless Internet, Wood Stove
* Other living spaces: Hot tub, Piano
* Outdoor: Balcony, Deck, Hot Tub, Patio, Views
* Outdoors: Private patio, Balcony, Deck, Two-car garage, Sangre de Cristo Mtn views
* Pets: Pets considered
* Style and decor: Contemporary decor, Luxury furnishings