Cancellation within 30 days of reservation. Reservation deposit non-refundable. Refer to Agreement for details.
Harmony Beach Cottage Rental Rules Agreement
Harmony Beach Cottage
252 Harmony Beach Road, Goulais River, ON P0S 1E0
Property Manager (George Kostenuik) #: 705-253-3600 Operations Manager (Michele Solecki) #: 719-440-2557 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax #: 719-302-5268 Cottage #: 705-649-2098
Directions: 41 Km (25.5 miles) north on Hwy 17 from Sault Ste. Marie. Turn left at Harmony Beach entrance- road past Haviland Bay. White camp (green marker 252) across from beach/boat launch entrance at far end of beach.
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. AND CHECK-OUT IS 10 A.M.
NO early check-in or late check-out.
2. KEYS- The Property Manager will meet renter at the cottage between 3:00-4:00 P.M. to receive keys. If not able to arrive at that time arrangements will need to be made at least two (2) days prior by contacting the Operations Manager or if after that time contact Property Manger directly via phone at 705-946-9862 or 705-649-2098 (that day). In the event the renter does not follow these procedures the keys will be left in an envelope by the side door.
3. This is a NON SMOKING cottage. Smoking is only permitted outside (not breezeway). Please dispose of cigarette butts safely and appropriately.
4. Pets are permitted in rental cottage only with prior approval. Pets must be under your control at all times. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up of any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. It is recommended to treat pets with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. All items above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. The cottage owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
5. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT- A damage/reservation deposit of $200 (U.S. funds) is required. This must be received when booking the reservation. The deposit automatically converts to a security/damage deposit upon arrival. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable within seven (7) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to cottage, its contents or property.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay. c. No smoking inside cottage.
d. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in receptacles and soiled dishes are cleaned. e. All keys are left on the kitchen table and cottage is left locked.
f. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
g. No linens are lost or damaged.
h. No Early check-in or late check-out.
i. The renter is not evicted by the owners (or representative of the owners) or the local law enforcement. j.No pets on furniture, stool cleaned up from yard, no damage done to property and contents by pets.
6. PAYMENT – An advance payment of $400 (U.S. funds) of the rental rate is required in order to confirm reservation dates. The advance payment will be applied toward the cottage rent. Please make payments in the form of Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card, PayPal via phone or online at the reservation sites. Traveler's checks, bank money orders, cashiers checks are also accepted but arrangements need to be made prior in order to confirm reservation dates. The advance payment is not a damage deposit. The BALANCE OF RENT is due fourteen (14) days before your arrival date.
7. CANCELLATIONS – A thirty (30) day minimum notice is required for cancellations, however $400 (U.S. funds) is non-refundable. Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within thirty (30) days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and damage/reservation deposit. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests per cottage is limited to ten (10) persons. An additional charge or $10.00 per person per night for guests in addition to ten (10) will be assessed. THIS PROPERTY REQUIRES A SEVEN (7) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY May-September (Labor Day weekend) and A MINIMUM TWO (2) NIGHT STAY September (after Labor Day weekend)-January.
9. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than two days, the guest will be charged the two-night rate.
10. WOODSTOVE- If used follow posted instructions carefully to avoid potential hazards.
11. Adhere to posted signs in cottage. These signs are posted for your safety and comfort during your stay.
12. WATER USAGE- Please conserve water, in particular avoid high surge shower usage to avoid depletion of source.
13. ELECTRIC HEAT/AIR CONDITIONER- Turn off electric heaters and air conditioner when not in use.
14. LINENS – Bed linens are provided for all bedrooms, additional bedding is available for futon and pull-out couch. Bath and beach towels are NOT included and must be provided by the renter.
15. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens are included in the cottage, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit linens to be taken from the cottage.
16. PARKING– Parking is permitted ONLY in the drive-way and side-drive, not on the lawn.
17. RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice.
18. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
19. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
20. STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS – No refunds will be given for storms. Winter road conditions can be hazardous we recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
21. The cottage is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.